Our recruitment process is designed to be efficient, fair and transparent, giving you an opportunity to learn as much about us as we do about you.
There are a number of stages, each giving you the chance to meet with various colleagues - please do use each opportunity to ask questions, explore further and get to know us.
The breadth of opportunities at Adam Smith International means that we use a number of different methods – broadly speaking, we follow this structure:
Initial CV Screen
When you submit your CV, it will be assessed by the relevant member of our recruitment team, who will have been fully briefed to correlate your experience with the job. The more information you provide to demonstrate a good match the better.
Tests (where relevant)
For some roles we may require you to complete skill-based tests. Or we may ask you to consider a case study and give us your views on how you would tackle a client’s business problems.
We will conduct a telephone interview and, if successful, a varying number of face-to-face interviews. Our interviews are competency-based and are conducted by a trained interviewer (either a recruiter or manager depending on the role).
The final stage will be a more in-depth discussion of your experience. You may also be asked to make a presentation or take part in a group discussion. This will be with key people and often a team leader who you will work for if you are successful.
Hints & Tips
- Do plenty of background reading on the company and understand our core service areas
- Look over the key competencies for the role that you are interviewing for and ensure you can show examples in your history which demonstrate these
- Be clear about why you want to join us
- It is always useful to research your interviewer as much as you can to understand where there may be similarities between yourselves
- Give yourself plenty of time to mentally prepare and arrive for the interview in good time, so that you feel confident and relaxed on the day